Monday, May 2, 2011

Hope Wilson


2903 Weybridge

Murfreesboro TN 37128

A great 4 bedroom, 3 full bath home

in the Cason Lane area of Murfreesboro TN!

View this property’s website

This home is VERY well maintained, has tons of space and the owners are ready to sell!
This home features a huge Open bonus Room

that opens up to a private office
The 4th bedroom would be a perfect teen suite!
You will NOT be disappointed in this home!

Call Hope or Angie today

for your personal showing

of this great listing!

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

1220 Ballater Ct Murfreesboro, TN 37128

1220 Ballater Ct Murfreesboro, TN 37128

Short Sale Home 4bedroom, private lot

About the home:

Great Location, Great Price! Large 4 bedroom home located at the back of cul-de-sac. Large lot, fenced in tree lined back yard. Large laundry room *SHORT SALE* BRING OFFER*HOME SOLD AS-IS AND DOES NEED SOME REPAIRS: NEW UPSTAIRS A/C AND SIDING*

About the Neighborhood:

Located in a quiet cul-de-sac within the Evergreen Farms Community, 1220 Ballater Ct is in one of the hottest Murfreesboro subdivisions. Evergreen Farms offers convenient interstate access, community parks and playgrounds and is just minutes to great shopping at The Avenue, Murfreesboro's newest shopping experience, as well as Stones River Mall!

Murfreesboro is an exciting place to live and offers one of the best school districts in the State of Tennessee, according to the Tennessee Department of Education's 2008 Report Card. Business Week also names Murfreesboro one of the "Best Places to Raise Your Kids" in their November, 2008 issue. Just recently, Murfreesboro was named as #20 by CNN for the most affordable homes. These are things that we have always known and we are proud to call Murfreesboro home also!

About Hope Wilson:

Regarding short sales...
While I am a full service realtor, my specialty involves working with people who are behind on their mortgages. Through my experience I have developed working relationships with lenders, investors, and individual buyers. Because of this, I am able to offer my clients several alternatives to foreclosure.

Regarding retail sales…
As a full service Realtor, I provide my clients, colleagues and customers with integrity and honesty. I am your “go to” realtor and am fully involved in the real estate transaction from pre-listing to marketing and then on to negotiating and closing. If you are looking to purchase a home, I will guide you through the credit process so that we can determine your buying power. Together, we will select your new home and I will guide you through negotiation, the inspection, and finally your closing. Buying a home is the most exciting purchase you will make and selling a home could be the most profitable sale of your life- you need an expert on your side that cares! My business partner, Amber Bringier, and myself are ranked in the top 20 for all Rutherford County Realtors. I am a multi-million dollar producer and the top listing agent of 2009 for Exit Realty Network. I do get the job done and look forward to being of service to you. I can be reached at (615) 796-4151.

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Indymac Short Sale Approval

This is THE biggest short sale release of my career. On a balance of $328, 417, Indymac accepted $216,101.92... a release of $112,316!!!! The second lein holder, First Tennessee or Frist Horizon agreed to a loss of $48,479.15!!!!

Total forgiveness for my client: $160, 795.15

From listing to closing, 4 months. I don't consider 4 months to be that bad...the contract from the buyers was recieved in March and as long as they were able to get the 8k tax credit, they were happy.

Here are the REAL approval letters:

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

302 E Sagefield Dr Smyrna, TN

FANTASTIC price on an APPROVED short sale in Smyrna. Perfect as a rental or for a small family.
302 E Sagefield Dr Smyrna, TN

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Short Sales MIGHT get easier

Here is a great article I thought I'd share about the proposed changes heading our way regarding short sales.

Federal program to streamline short sales in 2010
By Joel Cone

Like many of her colleagues, Chicago Realtor Carol Grobman has been wondering for a long time why the real estate community at large, and the federal government in particular, have not made a move toward relieving the prolonged short sale process that has been trying the patience of their sellers and buyers alike.

Since the real estate bubble burst back in 2007 many Realtors have been avoiding short sales altogether, either due to lack of training, or simply to avoid the hassle involved.

"Why are they taking six months to make a decision? By then the original buyer is gone. A lot of people can’t afford to wait because they have to move," Grobman said.

Well, the federal government has finally answered back, adding another acronym to its list of government-sponsored programs. This one is called HAFA (it stands for Home Affordable Foreclosure Alternatives) and is part of the Home Affordable Modification Program (HAMP).

HAFA: The Government Response
Hoping to positively influence the nation’s housing market by shortening and simplifying the short-sale process, the Treasury Department released new guidelines for servicers late last year.

Under those directives, HAFA offers servicers and borrowers incentives for utilizing a short sale or a deed-in-lieu to avoid foreclosure on any loan that is eligible under the HAMP program thereby reducing the need for a potentially lengthy and expensive foreclosure process.

Key features of the program include:

•Sellers/borrowers can receive up to $1,500 for relocation expenses
•Lenders will receive $1,000 for each completed short sale
•Up to $1,000 for investors who allow up to $3,000 in short sale proceeds to be distributed to subordinate lien holders. Borrowers can receive pre-approved short sale terms prior to the property listing
•Borrowers are fully released from future liability for the debt
Shifting Short Sale Strategies
Both the popularity and thorniness of short sales are evidenced by the existence of Short Sale Pros, a San Diego Web-based company promoting itself as a solution for real estate professionals, investors and homeowners trying to navigate the short sale negotiation process.

"Homeowners are starting to realize that loan modifications aren’t as great as they thought they were going to be. From the loan modification end, if you can’t help with that then the short sale is the next logical thing," said the company’s president, Michael Corradini.

As Corradini explained, negotiating short sales comes down to how a potential homebuyer, investor or real estate professional approaches the bank and presents the numbers. One tip he suggests when negotiating a short sale: show the bank the difference between your offer and an estimate of what they will net if the property goes to REO.

Want to buy a Murfreesboro Short Sale?

Here's a FANTASTIC one for you!
1640 Sulpher Springs Rd

Monday, February 8, 2010

Short Sales and Taxes....what to do if you get a 1099-c

With it being tax time, I have had this question a few times recently in refrence to taxes and Short Sales. So here you go, straight from the IRS:

The Mortgage Forgiveness Debt Relief Act and Debt Cancellation

If you owe a debt to someone else and they cancel or forgive that debt, the canceled amount may be taxable.

The Mortgage Debt Relief Act of 2007 generally allows taxpayers to exclude income from the discharge of debt on their principal residence. Debt reduced through mortgage restructuring, as well as mortgage debt forgiven in connection with a foreclosure, qualifies for the relief.

This provision applies to debt forgiven in calendar years 2007 through 2012. Up to $2 million of forgiven debt is eligible for this exclusion ($1 million if married filing separately). The exclusion does not apply if the discharge is due to services performed for the lender or any other reason not directly related to a decline in the home’s value or the taxpayer’s financial condition.

More information, including detailed examples can be found in Publication 4681, Canceled Debts, Foreclosures, Repossessions, and Abandonments. Also see IRS news release IR-2008-17.

The following are the most commonly asked questions and answers about The Mortgage Forgiveness Debt Relief Act and debt cancellation:

What is Cancellation of Debt?
If you borrow money from a commercial lender and the lender later cancels or forgives the debt, you may have to include the cancelled amount in income for tax purposes, depending on the circumstances. When you borrowed the money you were not required to include the loan proceeds in income because you had an obligation to repay the lender. When that obligation is subsequently forgiven, the amount you received as loan proceeds is normally reportable as income because you no longer have an obligation to repay the lender. The lender is usually required to report the amount of the canceled debt to you and the IRS on a Form 1099-C, Cancellation of Debt.

Here’s a very simplified example. You borrow $10,000 and default on the loan after paying back $2,000. If the lender is unable to collect the remaining debt from you, there is a cancellation of debt of $8,000, which generally is taxable income to you.

Is Cancellation of Debt income always taxable?
Not always. There are some exceptions. The most common situations when cancellation of debt income is not taxable involve:

Qualified principal residence indebtedness: This is the exception created by the Mortgage Debt Relief Act of 2007 and applies to most homeowners.
Bankruptcy: Debts discharged through bankruptcy are not considered taxable income.
Insolvency: If you are insolvent when the debt is cancelled, some or all of the cancelled debt may not be taxable to you. You are insolvent when your total debts are more than the fair market value of your total assets.
Certain farm debts: If you incurred the debt directly in operation of a farm, more than half your income from the prior three years was from farming, and the loan was owed to a person or agency regularly engaged in lending, your cancelled debt is generally not considered taxable income.
Non-recourse loans: A non-recourse loan is a loan for which the lender’s only remedy in case of default is to repossess the property being financed or used as collateral. That is, the lender cannot pursue you personally in case of default. Forgiveness of a non-recourse loan resulting from a foreclosure does not result in cancellation of debt income. However, it may result in other tax consequences.
These exceptions are discussed in detail in Publication 4681.

What is the Mortgage Forgiveness Debt Relief Act of 2007?
The Mortgage Forgiveness Debt Relief Act of 2007 was enacted on December 20, 2007 (see News Release IR-2008-17). Generally, the Act allows exclusion of income realized as a result of modification of the terms of the mortgage, or foreclosure on your principal residence.

What does exclusion of income mean?
Normally, debt that is forgiven or cancelled by a lender must be included as income on your tax return and is taxable. But the Mortgage Forgiveness Debt Relief Act allows you to exclude certain cancelled debt on your principal residence from income. Debt reduced through mortgage restructuring, as well as mortgage debt forgiven in connection with a foreclosure, qualifies for the relief.

Does the Mortgage Forgiveness Debt Relief Act apply to all forgiven or cancelled debts?
No. The Act applies only to forgiven or cancelled debt used to buy, build or substantially improve your principal residence, or to refinance debt incurred for those purposes. In addition, the debt must be secured by the home. This is known as qualified principal residence indebtedness. The maximum amount you can treat as qualified principal residence indebtedness is $2 million or $1 million if married filing

Does the Mortgage Forgiveness Debt Relief Act apply to debt incurred to refinance a home?
Debt used to refinance your home qualifies for this exclusion, but only to the extent that the principal balance of the old mortgage, immediately before the refinancing, would have qualified. For more information, including an example, see Publication 4681.

How long is this special relief in effect?
It applies to qualified principal residence indebtedness forgiven in calendar years 2007 through 2012.

Is there a limit on the amount of forgiven qualified principal residence indebtedness that can be excluded from income?
The maximum amount you can treat as qualified principal residence indebtedness is $2 million ($1 million if married filing separately for the tax year), at the time the loan was forgiven. If the balance was greater, see the instructions to Form 982 and the detailed example in Publication 4681.

If the forgiven debt is excluded from income, do I have to report it on my tax return?
Yes. The amount of debt forgiven must be reported on Form 982 and this form must be attached to your tax return.

Do I have to complete the entire Form 982?
No. Form 982, Reduction of Tax Attributes Due to Discharge of Indebtedness (and Section 1082 Adjustment), is used for other purposes in addition to reporting the exclusion of forgiveness of qualified principal residence indebtedness. If you are using the form only to report the exclusion of forgiveness of qualified principal residence indebtedness as the result of foreclosure on your principal residence, you only need to complete lines 1e and 2. If you kept ownership of your home and modification of the terms of your mortgage resulted in the forgiveness of qualified principal residence indebtedness, complete lines 1e, 2, and 10b. Attach the Form 982 to your tax return.

Where can I get this form?
If you use a computer to fill out your return, check your tax-preparation software. You can also download the form at, or call 1-800-829-3676. If you call to order, please allow 7-10 days for delivery.

How do I know or find out how much debt was forgiven?
Your lender should send a Form 1099-C, Cancellation of Debt, by February 2, 2009. The amount of debt forgiven or cancelled will be shown in box 2. If this debt is all qualified principal residence indebtedness, the amount shown in box 2 will generally be the amount that you enter on lines 2 and 10b, if applicable, on Form 982.

Can I exclude debt forgiven on my second home, credit card or car loans?
Not under this provision. Only cancelled debt used to buy, build or improve your principal residence or refinance debt incurred for those purposes qualifies for this exclusion. See Publication 4681 for further details.

If part of the forgiven debt doesn't qualify for exclusion from income under this provision, is it possible that it may qualify for exclusion under a different provision?
Yes. The forgiven debt may qualify under the insolvency exclusion. Normally, you are not required to include forgiven debts in income to the extent that you are insolvent. You are insolvent when your total liabilities exceed your total assets. The forgiven debt may also qualify for exclusion if the debt was discharged in a Title 11 bankruptcy proceeding or if the debt is qualified farm indebtedness or qualified real property business indebtedness. If you believe you qualify for any of these exceptions, see the instructions for Form 982. Publication 4681 discusses each of these exceptions and includes examples.

I lost money on the foreclosure of my home. Can I claim a loss on my tax return?
No. Losses from the sale or foreclosure of personal property are not deductible.

If I sold my home at a loss and the remaining loan is forgiven, does this constitute a cancellation of debt?
Yes. To the extent that a loan from a lender is not fully satisfied and a lender cancels the unsatisfied debt, you have cancellation of indebtedness income. If the amount forgiven or canceled is $600 or more, the lender must generally issue Form 1099-C, Cancellation of Debt, showing the amount of debt canceled. However, you may be able to exclude part or all of this income if the debt was qualified principal residence indebtedness, you were insolvent immediately before the discharge, or if the debt was canceled in a title 11 bankruptcy case. An exclusion is also available for the cancellation of certain nonbusiness debts of a qualified individual as a result of a disaster in a Midwestern disaster area. See Form 982 for details.

If the remaining balance owed on my mortgage loan that I was personally liable for was canceled after my foreclosure, may I still exclude the canceled debt from income under the qualified principal residence exclusion, even though I no longer own my residence?
Yes, as long as the canceled debt was qualified principal residence indebtedness. See Example 2 on page 13 of Publication 4681, Canceled Debts, Foreclosures, Repossessions, and Abandonments.

Will I receive notification of cancellation of debt from my lender?
Yes. Lenders are required to send Form 1099-C, Cancellation of Debt, when they cancel any debt of $600 or more. The amount cancelled will be in box 2 of the form.

What if I disagree with the amount in box 2?
Contact your lender to work out any discrepancies and have the lender issue a corrected Form 1099-C.

How do I report the forgiveness of debt that is excluded from gross income?
(1) Check the appropriate box under line 1 on Form 982, Reduction of Tax Attributes Due to Discharge of Indebtedness (and Section 1082 Basis Adjustment) to indicate the type of discharge of indebtedness and enter the amount of the discharged debt excluded from gross income on line 2. Any remaining canceled debt must be included as income on your tax return.

(2) File Form 982 with your tax return.

My student loan was cancelled; will this result in taxable income?
In some cases, yes. Your student loan cancellation will not result in taxable income if you agreed to a loan provision requiring you to work in a certain profession for a specified period of time, and you fulfilled this obligation.

Are there other conditions I should know about to exclude the cancellation of student debt?
Yes, your student loan must have been made by:

(a) the federal government, or a state or local government or subdivision;

(b) a tax-exempt public benefit corporation which has control of a state, county or municipal hospital where the employees are considered public employees; or

(c) a school which has a program to encourage students to work in underserved occupations or areas, and has an agreement with one of the above to fund the program, under the direction of a governmental unit or a charitable or educational organization.

Can I exclude cancellation of credit card debt?
In some cases, yes. Nonbusiness credit card debt cancellation can be excluded from income if the cancellation occurred in a title 11 bankruptcy case, or to the extent you were insolvent just before the cancellation. See the examples in Publication 4681.

How do I know if I was insolvent?
You are insolvent when your total debts exceed the total fair market value of all of your assets. Assets include everything you own, e.g., your car, house, condominium, furniture, life insurance policies, stocks, other investments, or your pension and other retirement accounts.

How should I report the information and items needed to prove insolvency?
Use Form 982, Reduction of Tax Attributes Due to Discharge of Indebtedness (and Section 1082 Basis Adjustment) to exclude canceled debt from income to the extent you were insolvent immediately before the cancellation. You were insolvent to the extent that your liabilities exceeded the fair market value of your assets immediately before the cancellation.

To claim this exclusion, you must attach Form 982 to your federal income tax return. Check box 1b on Form 982, and, on line 2, include the smaller of the amount of the debt canceled or the amount by which you were insolvent immediately prior to the cancellation. You must also reduce your tax attributes in Part II of Form 982.

My car was repossessed and I received a 1099-C; can I exclude this amount on my tax return?
Only if the cancellation happened in a title 11 bankruptcy case, or to the extent you were insolvent just before the cancellation. See Publication 4681 for examples.

Are there any publications I can read for more information?
(1) Publication 4681, Canceled Debts, Foreclosures, Repossessions, and Abandonments (for Individuals) is new and addresses in a single document the tax consequences of cancellation of debt issues.

(2) See the IRS news release IR-2008-17 with additional questions and answers on