Tuesday, February 2, 2010

SLAMMED!

Wow, the last few weeks have been INSANE. I have more than enough work to keep my new assistant, Meagan, busy. 4 new short sale listings within the past 10 days and 3 of which have foreclosure dates set that have to be stopped! Agh! For those of you that don't know what that means, let me explain...

1) get all the normal listing documents together, pictures snapped, sign in yard, virtual tour set up, 1-800 # recorded, etc...
2) help the home owner lasso up all their financial documents (bank statements, tax returns, financial statement, authorization, paycheck stubs, and hardship letter)
3) GET AN OFFER FAST
4) Call sellers lender and wait...on hold...and pray that I get a nice, helpful representative that will provide me with a direct fax number for me to send my package off to.
5) Curse (quietly) when my fax machine prints out the "no answer" confirmation page.
6) Call the lender back again. Ask for a working DIRECT fax number. And an email address.
7) Ha! The fax goes through. Call back to verify receipt and am told: we will not know if its been received for 48-72 hours. Lovely. Lets try this again. Please Mr. Idontcare rep, give me YOUR FAX NUMBER. I WILL HOLD WHILE YOU VIEW THE PACKAGE. ....
8) Call is "disconnected" lovely.
9) SLAM MY HEAD AGAINST THE WALL. 3X. THIS IS IMPORTANT. IT MAKES MY HEAD A TAD MUSHY WHICH I AM CONVINCED ALLOWS ME TO BETTER COMMUNICATE WITH THE SHORT SALE REPS.
10) Ah-ha! My package has been received! Now, to call the attorneys and verify the foreclosure has in fact, been put on hold.

Repeat this entire process for the other 2 that also have a foreclosure date scheduled this week. In case you were wondering, the lenders of the week are Suntrust, Chase, & AHMSI. (yay! No new Bank of America files!)

No comments:

Post a Comment